Do you often think about turning back the clock on the signs of aging to look more vibrant, healthy, and ten or even twenty years younger? Are you currently fighting wrinkles and sagging skin with moisturizers, “face-lifts in a jar,” and concealing cosmetics but not getting the results you hope for? Are you noticing the classic signs of the aging face and neck: jowls instead of a firm jaw line; a paunch of fat under your chin; ‘rings of Venus” around your neck; neck skin that looks like a plucked chicken; deep depressions from the edge of your nose to the corner of your lips; a mouth that is turning down in a perpetual frown; or maybe a scowl between your eyebrows that never goes away. Are you unhappy about these changes in your face? Are you ready for a facelift? To help get an answer, you might ask yourself these questions:
- Have you changed the way you dress, adding more turtlenecks and scarves to cover up lines or loose skin on your neck? Are you worried about outfits you used to love looking “too young” on you?
- When you look in the mirror, are your eyes immediately drawn to the areas where you most notice aging?
- No matter how well-groomed you are, do you feel you still look haggard, washed-out, careworn, or, as one woman expressed it, like “an unmade bed”?
- When you go to a family gathering, do relatives remark, “Oh, you look just like your mother”?
- Have co-workers asked you if you are tired, when you’re not; or sad, when you’re not; or grumpy, when you’re not?
- Have your looks stopped matching the person you feel you are inside?
- Have you secretly pulled up the skin at the side of your face to see how you’d look with a little nip and tuck?
Answering yes to some of these questions are real-life, honest reasons to opt for a platysma cervical lift (PCL). And for every woman, this important decision is a highly personal one—and one that many family members or friends might not support. But the choices you make about your appearance are your choices and yours alone.
The procedure itself—the PCL facelift–is a newer approach to facial surgery specifically designed to produce a more natural appearance. It minimizes the “tip-offs” that give away the fact that a facelift has been done. Instead of simply pulling the facial skin back (the reason for a mask-like or “sucked through a wind tunnel” look), the PCL sculpts the internal framework of the face, tightening sagging facial muscles, and eliminating wrinkling of the neck.
To visualize how a PCL facelift would change the way you look, look through the Before and After pictures below. Try to identify a Before photo that captures some of the features of your face to get an idea of how your appearance would be enhanced. Full Gallery.
To learn the facts about a facelift, the safety of the procedure—and what makes Dr. Collini’s PCL approach one that creates a more natural appearance to help ensure you will be thrilled with your results, please click here.
Ready for the next step? At the Renaissance Center Dr. Collini will personally discuss a facelift with you, listen to your goals and expectations, and customize a surgery just for you. Please call the office at 570-674-6525 to make an appointment for a consultation.